Selling With Us
Why should I sell with Sugarplate?
Sugarplate was founded with the aim of providing buyers the ability to search and purchase baked goods from a number of local bakers through a single platform, and to provide our local bakers with an online portal that allows them to showcase and sell their products easily.
Selling with us has some immediate benefits:
- Setup your online shop easily for free and begin selling within minutes. No costly web development or store maintenance fees.
- We do all the marketing and advertising of the marketplace so you can concentrate on your passion.. baking!
- We constantly improve upon Search Engine Optimization within our site so your products show up on top in searches.
- We collect and file sales taxes on your behalf... you know what a headache that can be!
- Access your up-to-date sales report and business snapshot in real time, no tallying the sales receipts at the cash register at the end of the day.
What does it take to get on board?
We go through a thorough approval process on many levels before we allow vendors to start selling with us. Once you are approved, you will need the following:
- First, you must be licensed within your State, City and County to prepare and sell baked goods.
- You must carry liability insurance that protects you and Sugarplate in case of an eventuality.
- A PayPal account (you want to get paid, don't you?).
- Accurate description of each of the products you list with necessary allergy information. We will NOT approve your listing if it does not meet this criteria.
- High quality pictures of your product, preferably professionally taken.
Images should be less than 2MB size and square, or be cropped to a square shape for best rendering on the site.
Pictures with poor resolution, poor lighting and clutter in the background is a sure turn-off to buyers. We will reach out to you if the images do not satisfy this requirement.
- Your store profile picture and store logo. When designing your profile picture, think of the connection you want to establish with your customer. Buyers love the fact that their cake is baked by passionate and loving humans, not robots!
What kind of PayPal account do I need to do business on Sugarplate?
You will need a PayPal Business account, that is verified. To create a PayPal account, please visit their new accounts page.
To learn about what a "verified" PayPal account, please visit PayPal Help Center.
What do you expect from the vendors?
At Sugarplate, we strive to bring to buyers, the finest baked goods our local bakers have to offer and a pleasant buying experience. In order to achieve this we expect our bakers to maintain the following:
- High product quality and customer service at all times. We continuously monitor customer reviews and comments and will reach out to you in case of negative feedback.
When will I get paid?
Immediately! Yes, we do not hold any funds from you. You will be paid the amount due to you (sale price minus our commission and any other fees) when an order is placed.